Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wellgroomeddk
    Participant

I have a shop manager role in my woocommerce multisite. From the backend i can as a super admin go into woocommerce > orders and press “add new order” from the backend of the system and add that new order to a user so they don’t have to. This feature is not enabled for shop managers, so they don’t see the button “add new” beside the Orders title on the orders page.

I have tried to add more and more capabilities to the shop manager user in User Role Editor Pro but that button does not show up – even when all capabilities is added to that user. I can only get that button to come when i give super admin priviliges to that user, which is not ideal cause i don’t want my shop managers sneaking around in the backend.

Is there a way to allow shop mangers to add orders from the backend like a super administrator can?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Re-check if all capabilities under ‘WooCommerce->Orders’ were granted to a role.

‘edit_shop_orders’ capability is enough in general to edit existing orders and create new orders.

If you have a turned ON the User Role Editor’s option “Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types”, then ‘create_shop_orders’ capability is required. Add it if it does not exist for some reason.

If all mentioned above will not help, it would be a conflict with some plugin. Try to deactivate all plugins except WooCommerce and re-test. If it will help, reactivate plugins one by one to isolate a problem.

wellgroomeddk
    Participant

It worked to add the class ‘create_shop_orders’ and allow the user to ‘create posts’. First when i added it with the ‘create page’ it gave me an error but it seem to work fine now with only ‘create_shop_orders’ and ‘create posts’.

Thanks!

wellgroomeddk
    Participant

Hi again Vladimir,

I have the same problem with the coupon page – my shop manager can’t add coupons but can see them, I have tried to disable all plugins but it still dosen’t show – so the problem must be elsewhere. All capabilities for woocommerce is added for the role, so do you have an extra capability that i can add in the user role editor panel?

– Jonas

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jonas,

Grant ‘create_shop_coupons’ capability to this role as the 1st point.

Capabilities required for work with coupons are located at User Role Editor under ‘WooComerce->Coupons’ group.

wellgroomeddk
    Participant

It works now, but i wonder – why don’t these capabilities show up on my user role capability screen? Is something wrong with my solution or is there simply some capabilities that you have to add manually?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It seems a subject for enhancement. You can see ‘create_shop_coupons’ capability under “Custom post types->Coupons”, but you don’t see it under “Custom capabilities->Woocommerce->Coupons”, right? I will update a list of capabilities related to WooCommerce.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.