Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    WesleyanHQ
    Participant

@vladimir, thank you thank you! It appears to be working now with your suggestion to the wp-config.php! Very much appreciate your effort toward this issue.

I do see that child pages take on the restrictions of their parent. Not sure if that would be a bug or feature request. Should I open a separate thread for it?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Excellent, that you can resolve the issue.

Child pages are included/excluded by default. You can change this using this filter:

ure_auto_access_child_pages

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I already tried adding the tax. term only, which hid all the categories and tags in WP post edit screen.

It seems I need to enhance URE’s logic at this point. I will research what it’s possible to do. Thank you.

WesleyanHQ
    Participant

Perfect, that solved the parent/child issue! Thanks again for your wonderful help on this difficult problem for me.

Yes, you might want to research that issue, although it could make sense from the standpoint of when one term is Allowed, all other tax/tag/cat terms are hidden. In my case, I would want if one term is allowed, posts in that term are allowed, and all other tag/tax/cats are able to be used by that user for post/page categorization purposes. I would also want that posts can be in multiple terms to show up for multiple divisions.

But anyway, everything seems to be working great for what I need right now.
    Thanks again for all your time and help!

WesleyanHQ
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

This issue seems to be cropping up again. I have a user in the URE user role ECD Curator, and she can’t see any posts when I Prohibit taxonomy terms on Division Access taxonomy (96, 97, 98, 101, 102, 103, 105, 137, 1640) excepting ECD (100). This Prohibition occurs at the role level. User level is set to look at roles.

Here are the number of All Posts in each taxonomy term for Division Access tax:
    3217 Posts Total
    3067 Posts in 98
    1 Post in 97
    83 Posts in 100
    0 Posts in 102
    48 Posts in 103
    3 Posts in 105
    5 Posts in 1640
    0 Posts in 137
    0 Posts in 101
    4 Posts in 96

When I prohibit only tax term ID 98, her post count shows All (150), but no posts are showing. When she clicks Published (140), then she can see 140 post items. What it says appears accurate, what it shows doesn’t.

When I prohibit both 98, 137, the Posts screen says

All(147) Mine(12) Published(140) Trash(2) Draft(10)

However, actual post items shown varies. In this case, it is: All shows no posts, Mine shows no posts, Published shows 140 items, Trash 2, and Draft 10. What All says appears inaccurate, 3217 – 3067 – 0 = 150 posts, not 147.

In other cases, All shows only 10 items, no matter what it says there should be.

When I prohibit both 98, 105 the Posts screen says

All(147) Mine(12) Published(137) Trash(2) Draft(10)
    All shows 10 items, Mine shows none, Published shows 140 items, Trash 2, and Draft 10. The number 147 appears to be accurate.

When I prohibit both 98, 1640 the Posts screen says All(146) but only shows 10 of 10 items. The number 146 appears to be inaccurate, 3217 – 3067 – 5 = 145 posts, not 146.

When I prohibit both 98, 96 the Posts screen says All(146) but only shows 8 of 8 items. The number 146 appears to be accurate.

When I prohibit both 98, 102 the Posts screen says All(150) but only shows 10 of 10 items. The number 150 appears to be accurate.

In yet a third case, no posts show at all, and the options to select Published, Draft, or Trash are gone.

Prohibit 98, 101, and Posts screen shows All(0), showing no items. There should be 150 posts showing.
    Prohibit 98, 103, and Posts screen shows All(0), showing no items. There should be 102 posts showing.

When I disable all plugins except URE, everything is the same as above except:

When prohibit 98, All shows 150 items (and says All(150)).
    When prohibit 98, 102, All shows 150 items (and says All(150)).
    When prohibit 98, 137, All says 150 (but shows no posts).
    When prohibit 98, 105, All shows no items (but still says All(147)).
    When prohibit 98, 1640, All shows no items (but still says All(146)).
    When prohibit 98, 96, All shows no items (but still says All(146)).

It seems to follow no pattern.
    Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Sarah

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

Can you share with me (support [at-site] role-editor.com) via DropBox or similar a copy of site files (without wp-uploads) and exported database (possibly without wp_users table)?

I will investigate your report using your own data then.

WesleyanHQ
    Participant

Done. Thank you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks. I got it. I will try to isolate the issue.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Excuse me for such a delay with answer.

My test shows that ‘All’ posts list is empty for user with ‘ECD Curator’ role just in one case when there special constant for WP Engine is not defined:
    define(‘WPE_GOVERNOR’, false);

You have it in a provided files copy. I just suppose that you met a problem with another (possibly stage) copy, do you?

I will continue with numbers count tests.

WesleyanHQ
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I apologize, I’m not sure I completely understand your English. Is there an “All” field you are referring to?

I was referring to Posts Edit Access at the role level, under “with category/taxonomy ID (comma separated)” should have a handful of IDs, or maybe just 2 since I was testing.

I checked, and we do have this in the wp_config.php file:
    define(‘WPE_GOVERNOR’, false);
    for the main site wesleyan.org.

I was working on a stage/local copy, yes. I also saw that line in the wp_config.php file as well.

Let me know if that didn’t answer your question. Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I meant under “All” one of the links to the posts list views: “All, Mine, Published, Drafts”.

Unfortunately I can not repeat the main issue from your report – empty posts list.
    Can you check system logs at your stage copy for any PHP/MySQL errors which could be related to this issue?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Just some information about post number counting accuracy.
    “Division Access” taxonomy is used not by posts only. It is used by events also. So numbers ‘Posts->Division Access’ by categories do not show post number by this taxonomy terms, but some general number which includes events and posts together.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

We need to take into account also that, when we prohibit some posts by terms ID, posts without term are still available.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.