Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums New Feature Request Allowing Users to be Managed only for Custom Roles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bizzuka
    Participant

Let’s assume that I have created three custom roles: Custom Editor, Custom Subscriber, Custom Administrator. I myself am a user with role “Administrator” so I have access to everything. I create the first user for the client and assign them “Custom Administrator” role which is like “Administrator” but with much less functionality and accessibility. One thing that it does allow for that user is to create, edit, delete, list, etc users. However, what I want to avoid the “Custom Administrator” from doing is managing and creating new users with the default WordPress roles. In other words, I don’t want the “Custom Administrator” role to be allowed to create a new user with say “Administrator”, “Editor”, “Subscriber”, “Author” or “Contributor” role. I just want them to be able to create/manage users with the custom roles that I created (Custom Administrator, Custom Editor, Custom Subscriber).

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Use “Other roles access” add-on and block WP default roles for “Custom Administrator” role.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.