Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to Create a role to prohibit edition post/page and specify permission to each user

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CSIC
    Participant

Hello, I have Pro edition, I need to create a default role where every user has edition permission but by default every post/page is forbidden. Then I need to be able to specify which users are able to modify each page. If I use prohibit in role permission in “Post Edit” button with no ID, it doesnt prohibit, it still allows user to edit everything. The only way I find, but it’s not the best, is to allow just one page(a not existing ID), and then every page its forbidden. Is there another way to forbidden all by default in a role, and then allow every user specifically?

Thank you and congratulations for the plugin!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

May be register users by default without page edit permissions, as ‘subcsriber’ for example? When you are ready to decide what page to allow this user to edit, you can change him a role to ‘editor’ (if he will edit page created by other user) and input a restriction for editing just subset of a page or a single page only.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.