Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums New Feature Request Feature request to support WP Media Folder Plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rheinstars-koeln
    Participant

HI i could not find this when using the search so i thought it might worth a feature request as this is a very hand plugin.
    WP Media Folder helps with managing the attachemnts by adding virtual folders (tags) to every attachemnt, so you can have on file in multiple folders without duplicating it.
    also it helps to keep things organized and has some other features.

I am also more then happy to switch to another plugin that provides such services and is supported by URE pro

thank you

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have any information about “WP MF” installations quantity? Is this plugin popular enough to take it into account?

Can you provide me a copy of the latest version of “WP MF” plugin for investigation? If Yes, use Google Drive or DropBox for sharing .zip with support [at-sign] role-editor.com

I setup copies of commercial products from my clients at the local development environment only and use them for testing/investigation purpose only.

hockeyettan
    Participant

I’d like to second this request 🙂

In addition, it would be great if it was possible to assign access privileges to specific “folders”, so certain users would only be able to access a folder that was assigned to them.

jsound
    Participant

I’m using WP Media as well and would love to see it work with URE as well.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know. I will include this to my development plans.

rheinstars-koeln
    Participant

Hi
    just wanted to check if there is an update on this?
    did this feature request make in on the roadmap? is there an ETA?
    thanks and keep up the great work

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Tristan from joomunited.com contacted me in February, 2018 with the information that they work on a new release with advanced user permissions features included. I confirmed in response that I agree to work on integration between 2 our plugins and ready to develop add-on for URE Pro to manage access to WP Media Folders items inside URE Pro and described what functionality, information I will need for that. I did not receive any update from that time though.

Do you have any new information about “WP Media Folder” plugin?

rheinstars-koeln
    Participant

hi
    threre is some weird new feature for user settings in WPMF now that i don’t get
    it creates a folder per user or per group, but i either don’t get it or it does work in a weird way.

i can send you the latest version 4.5.5 if you like to take a look

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, provide me access to the latest version. I will look if that’s possible to work from URE with this user settings.

rheinstars-koeln
    Participant

latest version is on its way…

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I got it. Thanks. I will look, if it’s possible to offer something suitable for this plugin via URE Pro add-on taking into account WPMF user permissions update.

City Employee
    Participant

It would be great to see this as well. The JoomUnited permissions strategy appears to focus on limiting users to their own upload folder. What really is needed is the ability to restrict by category ID like pages and posts. Having the permissions cascade to child subcategories would be an important feature as well.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thank you for suggestions.

Unfortunately, we did not make yet any step forward in this direction. We even exchanged with WPMF developer by couple of messages, but without visible result :).

If you can again share with me the latest version of WPMF (via DropBox or Google Drive), I will look if WPMF includes any hooks to filter Media Library items it shows. I don’t promise a quick progress though.

City Employee
    Participant

Here’s the link to the latest version as of 30/1/2020:

[the link was here]

Please let me know once you’ve downloaded it.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I got this error: http://www.cob.org’s server IP address could not be found.

I will try again later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.