Greetings (and pardon my staff member posting his question in this bugs forum) — My user privileges are now no longer what I’ve assigned them in User Role Editor Pro, and the problem is fixed when I network-disable URE, so I believe the problem is with URE. Details:
I’m running WP multisite latest
I’m running URE Pro latest (4.14.4)
The specific issue is ability to edit posts…a hugely basic need for my users!
When I network disable URE Pro, the problem goes away. I can also solve it by running privileges via Toolset Access plugin, but I’d prefer not to do this.
I’m sorry for not replying; I did not receive your reply via email, even though I enabled “Notify me of follow-up replies via email.” We disabled URE when we had this problem, yet want to re-enable it as we need to diagnose other user role issues, so I just checked your forum and saw this reply (and a more recent reply as well, to which I’ll respond shortly).
I will re-activate URE latest on a test site on our multisite, then will look into the edit_post capability.
I’ve now installed UREPro v4.16 on our multisite, activated on a test site, and had no problem with edit_post capability. This is with a per-site activation, however, not network activation, so it’s not an exact duplicate of what we earlier did. (See this post, please, for important question on activation in multisite environment.)