Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christine Welsch
    Spectator

Not sure if this is a new feature – eventually it already exists and I just do not know how to use it: Is there a possibility to show parts of my posts only to visitors that do not have a role at all? Then I would just say [user_role_editor roles=”none”] to mark posts that would only be visible to users that are not logged in.

Is that something new or does it already exist?

Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thank you, Christine. It is a very good addition to the existing shortcode functionality. I will add this feature.

Regards,
    Vladimir.

sahina
    Spectator

I would love to have this feature too. For example, in buddypress, I don’t want the members page be viewable to any guest; I want members to be visible to site members only.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

In relation to ‘shortcode’ this feature was realized:

Shortcode for content view access restriction

Posts view restrictions includes a similar option ‘No role for this site’ also:

Content view access restriction for selected roles

I’m not sure that this add-on will work with BuddyPress though. I did not tested URE Pro with BuddyPress yet. It works with posts, pages and any custom post type. If BuddyPress page is a ‘post type’ like others then it should do the trick.

I should look at BuddyPress and make some tests to be sure.

arceoh
    Participant

Any update on adding the User role “none” to manage guests privileges.

I was hoping to use this to make a WooCommerce product page private to non logged in users using the read_product privilege.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

To @arceoh:

To show some content for not logged in (guest) visitors only, you use this shortcode [user_role_editor roles=”none”].

Shortcode for content view access restriction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.